After the successful release of 8.10 updates on the Fenix 6 series, Garmin is releasing an 8.73 Beta version. Last week with lots of changes, Garmin seeded a new 8.10 software version to make sure to squash any bugs. The new firmware version 8.73 is in beta mode so that you may face some issues here & there. Though, the latest version has brought few features and fixes to the services. The update is rolling out for Fenix 6, Fenix 6 Pro, Fenix 6s, Fenix 6s Pro & Fenix 6x Pro smartwatches.
Here you will see the support for downloading workout videos over Express or WiFi for non-stop workouts. It has also added support for the Golf, Climb Indoor, Bouldering and route summary page for Indoor Climb. For the fresh look, there is now an updated look of the Weather app & End of the Activity flow. And in the improvements to the music experience & Ski service. The user experience layout has come to the altimeter, barometer & notification widgets.
Here is the list of all added features in the 8.73 Beta software version for the Fenix 6 series.
• Fixed an issue where a CIQ watchface would crash if the user were to hit ‘Back’ from the incoming call page.
• Fixed an issue where selection of an item in music lists (artist/genre) would yield a landing page for a different artist/genre.
• Added support for downloading workout videos over Express or WiFi.
• Added support for activities Climb Indoor and Bouldering.
• Added support for a routes summary page to the activity review flow for Indoor Climb.
• Added support for the device to manually add a shot through the measure shot page in Golf.
• Updated the look and feel of the weather app.
• Updated the look and feel of the End of the Activity flow.
• Improved the user experience layout for Altimeter, Barometer, and Notifications widgets.
• Brought in cross-country ski improvements for Fenix 6 non-Pro models.
• Made several improvements to the music experience.
After last week’s firmware version, it is again the important update for Garmin Fenix 6 series smartwatches. You can download the latest version on your Fenix 6, 6 Pro, 6s, 6s Pro & 6x Pro wearables. It is a beta version so, in the coming weeks, we can see a stable version of it.