Garmin is always one step ahead in releasing new software versions to its new smartwatches & trackers. Each month the company roll out updates with some added functions or improvements. At the end of this month, it has released updates to Fenix 6 series & Fenix 5 series smartwatches. Now, Garmin’s two hot products Forerunner 935 & Forerunner 945, are getting the latest firmware. The firmware version 4.29 Beta is releasing for Forerunner 945 & firmware version 19.00 is for Forerunner 935. The 4.29 version for 945 smartwatch is in beta mode so that you may face some issues in it.
However, Garmin has dispatched a new 19.00 version earlier this week for the other 935 model. It is a stable version but didn’t receive any new feature but only a few improvements. On the other hand, 945 gets some features, improvements & bug fixes. It has added SkiSkate & BackCountry Ski profile to the watch. It has also improved GPS performance though we need to take it outside to check its accuracy. All the changes in the new version for both Forerunner watches are mentioned below.
Garmin Forerunner 945 Update:
• Improvements to GPS
• Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
• Improved filtering of activities for Race an Activity
• Fixed missing auto-run setting in Ski
• Improvements to rep-counting
• Improvements to floor-climb
• Added SkiSkate profile
• Added BackCountry Ski profile
• Improvements to music playback/sync/providers
• Improvements/fixes to payments
• Made several improvements to Breathwork
• Made several WiFi related improvements
• Various other fixes and improvements
Garmin Forerunner 935 Update
• Fixed altimeter calibration in the activity.
• Fixed an issue with altimeter calibration. This should address speed spikes in activities with 3D Speed enabled. (For example Ski.)
• Fixed an issue where the device might crash when unplugging from USB.
• Fixed an issue where the watch may freeze during a Ski activity.
• Fixed a couple of issues that should improve device stability.
To download the latest update, go to Garmin Express or Garmin Connect Mobile. The update will roll out fo half of the Garmin users in the first phase and later to the remaining users.