Garmin is now rolling out a new 9.97 beta version for the Fenix 6 & Marq series smartwatches. The latest beta version brings a couple of improvements to the existing functions. It has added support for the altitude acclimation widget. The users can add the widget from Menu – Widgets – Edit – Add – Alt. Acclimation. Most of the changes come to Surf function as the users will get updated data field defaults to include GPS. It also gets updated start flow to try & acquire a GPS fix before starting a Surf activity.
The improvements have also come to Broadcast heart rate and added support for simultaneously broadcasting through ANT+ and Bluetooth. There are many changes to other functions to enhance user experience. Below you can see the all changes happening in the 9.97 beta version.
• Added support for the Altitude Acclimation widget. (Menu > Widgets > Edit > Add > Alt. Acclimation)
• Improved Broadcast Heart Rate and added support for simultaneously broadcasting through ANT+ and Bluetooth.
• Surf: Updated the data field defaults to include GPS.
• Surf: Updated the start flow to try and acquire a GPS fix before starting a Surf activity.
• Surf: Added support for a wave summary page to activity summary. (Last Surf widget > Start > Waves)
• Updated the user interface for Stress and Calories widgets.
• Fixed an issue where the wrist heart rate was not being turned off when starting an Expedition activity.
The new version has also improved stress & Calories widgets to get accurate results. Apart from that, the version has squashed some known bugs and enhanced overall quality. You can update to new 9.97 beta version and download it from the Garmin forum. The 9.97 beta version is available for Fenix 6, Fenix 6 Pro, Fenix 6s, Fenix 6s Pro, and Fenix 6x Pro lineup along with Marq series smartwatches.