Fenix 6 users can now update their smartwatches to 19.20 public release. It is a stable version and you can download it right from your pairing app. It is now open to 20% of users and if you are lucky then you can have it. It is a pretty big update and this includes new widgets, improvements to the existing functions, and fixes to some unstable features. The company has added some new activities and workout animations.
The Fenix 6 series is not the only smartwatch lineup to get the new firmware. The Marq series is also upgrading to the 19.20 stable firmware version. Here is the long list of changelog that comes with the newest software update.
• New Adventure Race activity: This new activity prevents the use of GPS data fields for navigation, allowing the watch to be used in adventure racing and orienteering races where GPS devices are not allowed.
• Added new workout animations which can be updated with Express or Wifi sync.
• Added the ability to rate the perceived effort and feel of a Run, Bike, or Swim activity. The prompts appear during activity save. Go to [Activity] Settings > Self Evaluation for options.
• Added sleep tracking widget with sleep score and insights by Firstbeat AnalyticsTM.
• Added metabolic calories into the total calories reported in the calories data field and recorded in the activity file.
• Added setting to enable/disable workout audio prompts.
• Automatically disable Battery Saver when battery is sufficiently charged.
• Updated workout audio prompts for hundredths distance precision.
• Updated Intensity Minutes determinations to align with guidance from CDC.
• Improved feedback on stress level readings.
• Improved calorie calculations for activities using a power meter.
• Improved results for daily Body Battery calculations.
• Improved visibility of Climb Pro alert page.
• Improved power meter calibration and settings.
• Improved Body Battery estimation when the device is powered off for a long period of time.
• Fixed issue where compass would become unresponsive during SUP activities.
• Fixed issue with manual time setup during initial setup.
• Fixed display issues when editing data field layouts.
• Fixed issue where recovery sets would not be properly displayed during workouts.
• Fixed issue where a Suggested Workout could draw with a nearly blank diagram.
• Fixed issue with editing data screens for Ultra Run app.
• Fixed text truncation issues when calibrating altimeter or barometer for some languages.
• Fixed issue with default FTP value for XC Ski.
• Fixed issue with distance to green layout while using ‘Big Numbers’ mode in golf activity profile.
Madhav Biradar started his career in technology back in 2011, where he covered mobile & gaming articles. He is an enthusiast in smartphone & wearable gadgets. In his free time, he likes to read about new tech gadgets and watch movies.