Finally, Garmin has rolled out a stable 16.60 firmware version to its Fenix 6 series & Marq series watches. It is a stable version so users will face near to zero issues in daily usage. It took a long time for the company to release a stable update. In the last rollout of the 16.30 beta version, Garmin had made sure all the functions are working fine, and now it has been made public. In the new 16.60 version, you will get new step counting to backcountry ski ascents. It is the only addition that has come with the firmware, and all others are improvements and fixes.
In the improvements, Garmin has enhanced functionalities of navigation features with Garmin Explore. It also improves altimeter auto calibration during activities, and it has improved power meter calibration and settings. In the fixes, you will see better results from various functions and settings. All are the changes that happen in the new public 16.60 firmware version have listed below.
• Added step counting to backcountry ski ascents.
• Improved functionality of navigation features with Garmin Explore.
• Improved altimeter auto calibration during activities for MARQ and Fenix 6 Pro devices.
• Improved power meter calibration and settings.
• Fixed issue where podcasts may not display correctly on the device.
• Fixed incorrect translation within “Suggested Workouts” when language set to Czech.
• Fixed potential crash when sending a Quick Text from inReach Remote.
• Fixed issue with wrong activity types shown when syncing with Garmin Explore.
• Fixed distance and time values for tracks/routes synced from Garmin Explore.
• Fixed issue with watch face labels missing when using certain languages.
• Fixed potential crash when starting a golf round on a nine-hole course.
• Fixed issue with device name within Garmin Connect Mobile for Enduro.
• Fixed battery drain issue after disconnecting from a paired inReach device.
• Fixed backlight behavior during sleep periods.
• Fixed issue with backlight not respecting device settings when entering power controls page.
• Fixed issue with gestures turning on backlight while Do Not Disturb enabled.
Note that the company is rolling out this version in four stages. In the start, 25% of users will receive it and later step by step other users will get it. It is a public release so you don’t have to use your computer to install it. You can update it from your Fenix 6, 6 Pro, 6s, 6s Pro, 6X Pro, and Marq series.
Madhav Biradar started his career in technology back in 2011, where he covered mobile & gaming articles. He is an enthusiast in smartphone & wearable gadgets. In his free time, he likes to read about new tech gadgets and watch movies.