It is unknown when Garmin will launch Fenix 7 series smartwatches, even though the company has launched Venu 2 & Venu 2S in the market. There would be time to launch next-gen Fenix 7 watches, but Garmin hasn’t forgotten its Fenix 6 series & Marq series. It has now rolled out the 16.30 beta version for Fenix 6, 6 Pro, 6S, 6S Pro, and 6X Pro lineup as well as the Marq series. The latest beta firmware includes step counting to backcountry ski ascents. It included only one feature, but the version has improved and fixes many existing features for the watches.
It has improved navigation function with Garmin Explore and altimeter auto calibration during activities. Further, you can see improvement in power meter calibration and settings. Finally, there are several fixes for plenty of functions for a better user experience. You can see the full list of changes below. To install this beta version on your Fenix 6 series & Marq series smartwatches, you need a computer.
Changelog for 16.30 beta version
• Added step counting to backcountry ski ascents.
• Improved functionality of navigation features with Garmin Explore.
• Improved altimeter auto calibration during activities for MARQ and Fenix 6 Pro devices.
• Improved power meter calibration and settings.
• The improved device name is shown when mounted to a Windows computer to be more descriptive. (Only applies to Enduro and Fenix 6)
• Fixed issue where podcasts may not display correctly on the device.
• Fixed incorrect translation within “Suggested Workouts” when language set to Czech.
• Fixed potential crash when sending a Quick Text from inReach Remote
• Fixed issue with wrong activity types shown when syncing with Garmin Explore.
• Fixed distance and time values for tracks/routes synced from Garmin Explore.
• Fixed issue with watch face labels missing when using certain languages.
• Fixed potential crash when starting a golf round on a nine-hole course.
• Fixed issue with device name within Garmin Connect Mobile for Enduro.
• Fixed issue with “Coriolis Effect” naming. (Only applies to tactics Delta – Solar Edition with Ballistics)
• Fixed battery drain issue after disconnecting from a paired inReach device.
• Fixed backlight behavior during sleep periods.
• Fixed issue with backlight not respecting device settings when entering power controls page.
Prutha Passionate about new tech gadgets, since she bought her first smartphone. She likes to try out new smartwatches & read new articles about tech wearables. Apart from that, Prutha takes fitness sessions & teach people how to use tech wearables to stay healthy.