WhatsApp has announced the new feature that is WhatsApp pay and it is becoming accessible in India slowly. This new feature is accessible and available only in India and available in Beta for selected Android smartphones and later it will come to iOS. A few years ago, there is lack of payment methods but now so many options are available like Paytm, Mobikwik, Google Tez, Bhim app, etc. After the WhatsApp Business feature this is the another useful feature from Facebook. Now users don’t have to leave their WhatsApp chatting to send or receive money. They can do it right from their WhatsApp screen.
WhatsApp Pay is slightly convenient for users who are using the latest version of WhatsApp and the transactions will be done using UPI. To use this UPI (Unified Payments Interface) method users have to link their bank account UPI and they have to generate new UPI PIN for further transactions.
How to link bank account for WhatsApp Pay? Follow the given steps:
1. Open your WhatsApp and go to Settings-> Payments.
2. From the Bank Accounts sub-head, click on Add New Account.
3. Read all terms and conditions & click on Accept and Continue after you are agreed.
4. Select the Verify via SMS and follow the given instructions to send SMS to start the account linking process.
5. Now you have to select the bank whose account is going to link.
6. If each and every step goes smoothly then you can see the UPI Setup Complete on screen.
After this small UPI Setting process users have to feed the last six digits of their Debit card number and expiry date so users can create their VPA (Virtual Payee Address). Users can link multiple bank accounts by following this process.
How to send first payment on WhatsApp Pay:
1. Firstly, you have to open that person’s chat on WhatsApp to whom you want to send money.
2. If you are iPhone user then click on Plus and if you are an Android user then click on attach.
3. If you are sending money to anyone, you have to select the payment option and enter the amount you are sending.
4. Next step is, you have to enter the UPI PIN of bank account which is selected by you for the transaction.
5. If you follow these steps correctly then you will see the message of ‘Money sent’ as a part of the conversation.
If you are making payment and you want to switch to your bank account to transact then just click on bank account then you will see the list of your other linked bank accounts to change. These few steps can make your transaction easier and simpler.
The Facebook-owned app is not officially unveiled this great feature till to date, it is only kept in beta mode. While using WhatsApp Pay there is one drawback too, this feature is not able to make payments to e-commerce transaction places like online shopping websites. Excluding this one drawback, there are so many positive things for all.
WhatsApp can automatically maintain a catalog of user’s all transactions. Users have the advantage to check their transactions catalog, just go to settings and select the Payments option and tap on View History option, now users will see their sent and received payments history.
As per the news, this WhatsApp feature is only available in India. This is the easy way ever for making a quick payment. This is very useful, many good facilities are available in this except one drawback & I think it will unchain soon. To use it in other countries you must wait some more weeks. The customers from India can use WhatsApp Payment service on their app. Don’t forget to share your experience with all our readers.
Prutha Passionate about new tech gadgets, since she bought her first smartphone. She likes to try out new smartwatches & read new articles about tech wearables. Apart from that, Prutha takes fitness sessions & teach people how to use tech wearables to stay healthy.