In the new software update Apple has released ECG app on new Apple Watch Series 4 smartwatch. The ECG app will monitor electrical patterns of your heart beat and inform you if there is issue, using sensors & digital crown on the watch. Apple has released new Health app with its WatchOS 5.1.2 so to get the app you have to download latest version and also make sure you are running on iOS 12.1.1 firmware version on your iPhone. It is very easy to setup ECG on the new Apple Watch Series 4, you just have to follow some steps to use it.
1. To begin, open the Health app on your iPhone.
2. After the new software update you will see Health app on your iPhone.
3. Open it and then first it will ask your permission to setup the ECG feature.
4. Here, provide your birth date and read all its benefits and agree to install it.
5. Once you complete all the steps in Health app, you will see ECG on your Apple Watch.
6. The ECG app icon will present in app grid so you can open it.
7. To get the perfect results you have to first allow it to read your pulse.
8. For the accurate results, put your arm on your lap or on the desk and don’t move it for a while and give digital crown time to collect all the information.
9. It is 30 seconds test and make sure watch is fit to your wrist so it collects all the data.
10. Once the 30 second test completes, you will receive three results: inconclusive, Sinus Rhythm and Atrial fibrillation.
That’s all, After the test ECG app will notify you about all the results on your Apple Watch.
You can send your records to your doctor in the PDF format or save it for the later. You can see the chart of your heart rhythm from the app & also show it to your doctors. Note that don’t depend too much on this app, if you are not feeling better or need a checkup for health issue then directly visit your doctor. The other countries may get it soon in the next updates. If you have any questions then ask in the comments box below.
ECG Feature Now Available in 19 More Countries
Heart health monitoring feature of the Apple Watch Series 4 can now be unlocked by the users in UK and other European countries. This feature let you recognize the signs with heart condition atrial fibrillation. The feature was already rolled out for US customers at the end of 2018 and now it’s available for these major markets. Irregular heartbeat is referred as arrhythmia or atrial fibrillation. Irregular heartbeat is dangerous for the heart health and it can turn into stroke or heart failure. Apple Watch on your wrist allow you to monitor your heart health acutely.
The latest Apple Watch is compatible to measure the electrical signals that compose the heartbeat, thanks to the ECG feature. ECG app is available with the free WatchOS 5.1.2 update. It let you take 30 seconds reading by holding your finger on the Digital Crown. Data from the readings will be saved in PDF format on your iOS device Apple Health app. You can easily analyze this data as well as share it with your physician for further analysis.
Along with atrial fibrillation feature Apple has introduced the irregular heart rate rhythm notification for Apple Watch Series 1 and other smart watches in the series. Both of these features will be available for all the European countries including UK, France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland and Hungary etc. To unlock the ECG feature on Apple Watch Series 4 and irregular heart rate notification on your older watch you must download the WatchOS 5.1.2 update on your watch. However your iPhone should be compatible with the latest version of iOS 12.2 installed in it.
Apple Watch is your best companion to monitor heart health effectively and analyze the data. Watch Series 4 classifies the heart rate as AFib, sinus rhythm or inconclusive. The irregular heart rate rhythm notification feature shows irregular rhythm only if it detect it in 5 checks over a span of 65 minutes. Both these features will help you to stay aware about your heart health as they track your heart health with advanced technology and reveal the accurate data at the wrist.