Samsung always offers innovative and creative smartwatch which are equipped with the latest design and technology. Company’s Gear series and the recent Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active are the devices pecked with all the essential and advanced features as well as fitness-oriented. Nevertheless, the company lacks several important Google apps that can perform as best alternatives to the default apps. As we know that Samsung watches are enabled with its own Bixby voice assistant, but it’s quite less capable compared to Google Assistant.
Though the company does not provide Google Assistant on their watches, we can install the app on the watch and here is the description about it.
1. First of all, download the GAssist apps on your watch as well as phone.
2. After that get the essential Google Assistant Key.
3. Now move the Google Credentials to your smartphone.
4. Once you complete all the above-mentioned steps, assign GAssist to Quick Launch Shortcuts.
This is the way to bring the impressive Google Assistant app to your Tizen watches but this is an unofficial app. However, it is important to note that this method will not work for all Samsung watches and it is limited to Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch Active and Gear Sport.
To download the GAssist app on your Galaxy Watch, go to the Galaxy Wearable app on your paired Android phone. You have to download the app on your watch as well as the companion app on your smartphone and grant the permissions.
After that, it is necessary to get the needed key for Google Assistant from Cloud Platform and this process can be completed through the following steps.
1. First of all, head to the Google Cloud Platform Console and to do that click here and accept the terms of service.
2. Now you have to head to the Home tab with the navigation menu and search for the Create button in order to start a new project.
3. From there, you can create a new project with whatever name you like and after that need to obtain the key.
4. To obtain the key enter the navigation menu and search for API and Services.
5. Now you can see the button indicating Enable API and Services and you have to click it in order to see a search bar for API.
6. Here, type Google Assistant and once you get the Google Assistant page and press Enable button after it appears.
7. Once you enable the API press the Create Credentials option and on the next page you will be asked about API, there specify the Google Assistant API and for the next asking specify from Android.
8. Here, you can proceed to set up the consent screen where you can write any name into the box and press the Save button located at the bottom of the page.
9. In the process, the next thing you are asked is what kind of credentials you would like to create and you need to create OAuth Client ID and select the same option.
10. Now you are asked with which application type is being used, select Other and use the name of your choice and press create option.
11. At the last, you need to download the JSON file with the credentials. It can be done by locating the download button at the left-hand side of the screen.
After completing all the above-mentioned steps and having the needed key for Google Assistant to enable you to work it on Samsung watch the most important thing is to move that file on your Android phone. After you complete all these required process you have to access the permission to GAssist to have access to your Google account.
Now the GAssist app on your watch is working with Google Assistant and to make its use more convenient you can assign it to quick launch shortcut. To do that go to the Settings then select Advanced and after that double-press Home button. From there you can switch the shortcuts from default Bixby to GAssistNet.
Madhav Biradar started his career in technology back in 2011, where he covered mobile & gaming articles. He is an enthusiast in smartphone & wearable gadgets. In his free time, he likes to read about new tech gadgets and watch movies.