Samsung has just released its new One UI update to its older smartwatches. The Galaxy Watch, Gear S3 & Gear Sport are the lucky watches to get the One UI flavour. Galaxy watch Active was the first smartwatch to taste it since the its launching with latest Tizen 4.3 version. It is now rolling out in US & Canada and brings firmware version R800XXU1CSE1, R760XXU2ESE3 & R600XXU1CSE2 for Galaxy Watch, Gear S3 & Gear Sport respectively, counts 115MB in size. The new version comes with tons of new features to make them more advanced and to brings all the watches closer to new Galaxy Watch Active.
Here is the all added features into the new Tizen update.
1. One UI for Watch
2. Check information on your watch at a quick glance. Updated graphics (motion, interface) delivers refreshed look
3. Watch faces
4. You can now download new designs of watch faces
5. Quick panel
6. Now supports additional pages to allow quick access to setting control
7. Setting Menus have been updated for easier discovery. Daily briefing setting has been added for watch to be smarter. Additionally, sleeping mode can now be turn off/on. Watch can now be set to wake up by touching the screen.
8. Samsung Health
9. Daily activity feature added which shows user’s daily activity (Move, workout, Hourly activity)
10. Usability improved by continuous syncing in between paired smartphone & watch
11. Outdoor swim has been added to tracking
12. New Battery optimization
13. Manage background apps
14. And finally, it has updated with improved security
You can update your smartwatch right from the setting. The update is currently rolling out in US & Canada and soon it may release in other countries. This One UI version has pushed out on all the Galaxy Watch, Gear S3 & Gear Sport models so you better check your smartwatch if you are in US or Canada. Update the watch and tell us your experience with us in the comment box below.
Does anyone actually have the update on their watch that’s in Canada?
The update removed the feature which used to allow me to see on my watch the steps walked yesterday….I now have to use an app on my phone. Inconvenient.