In October, Garmin announced significant updates for Fenix 6, MARQ & Forerunner series smartwatches, which gets PacePro function with some improvements. Now, after two months the older Fenix 5 series smartwatches are getting a new firmware version with lots of enhancements to increase the capability of these Fenix 5 series lineup. Software version 15.00 has dispatched for Garmin Fenix 5, Fenix 5 Plus, Fenix 5S & Fenix 5X watches. The latest firmware has brought support to inReach display verification when using authentication.
It has improved the connectivity with Garmin Dual ANT+/BLE sensors and also fixed with treadmill calibration. We haven’t seen too many issues with the Golf app and in ski activities, still, the Garmin increased experience by fixing some errors. The version has lots of fixes and improvements to all Fenix 5 series watches. Here are all notable changes and added features on Garmin Fenix 5, 5 Plus, 5S & 5X smartwatches.
Garmin Fenix 5 Series Update
1. Added support for inReach display verification when using authentication.
2. Brought in support for CIQ SDK v3.1. (Fenix 5X requires new Display software v3.20).
3. Improved pairing experience with Garmin Dual ANT+/BLE Sensors.
4. Fixed an issue with proximity pairing a dual mode sensor.
5. Fixed an issue with treadmill calibration.
6. Fixed an issue where Pool Swim activities could contain position data.
7. Fixed an issue where the device could register a speed spike during Ski activities.
8. Fixed an intermittent issue where average HR, max HR and calorie counts could be inaccurate during a pool swim.
9. Fixed an issue where the course list appears to skip a course when scrolling.
10. Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would display a distance of 0, when navigating to a point right after a power cycle. (Fenix 5X only.)
11. Made several improvements for Golf.
12. Made other miscellaneous code improvements and bug fixes.
As Garmin says, the update is now rolling out for 20% smartwatches at the time, and soon other remaining Fenix 5 series watches will receive it. It depends on the company when it will release new software in your country.