Earlier this month, Samsung opened a Beta testing program for Galaxy Watch 4 for Wear OS 3.5-based One UI Watch software. With the firmware, the company seeded plenty of new features and also upgraded its major apps like Samsung Health. Now, Samsung is releasing a second beta update for the smartwatches with major fixes. In the major rollout, it has fixed issues with running performance and improved GPS stability.
Some users after the previous beta installation were facing power consumption issues and this has been taken care of in the new version. We have to wait to see how much battery performance has improved on both regular and classic variants. There are a couple of fixes coming for the watches and you can see them in the below changelog.
– Bugs that have been fixed
– Enhancement of GPS stability
– Improving app running performance
– Stabilizing health functions, and improving running and swimming performance
– Fixed issues that are slow or terminated in the Health app
– Stabilizing power consumption-Fixed that My Photo +, My Style background photo, and AR emoji character are not restored when the data is restored
– Fixed that the call receiving screen is not displayed when Watch music is playing during Watch and Buzz connection
– Fixed the issue that the reminder alarm remains after a snooze
– Fixed issue that is cut off on the weather screen when the font size is enlarged
– Other improvements are applied
The latest second beta software is released in the US & South Korea, as these are the only supported countries. The new firmware version R860XXU1ZVF5 has been applied to the watches. To install a new version, first, you have to update the Galaxy4 Manager app to the newest 18.104.22.16862011 app version.