As promised at the end of May, Samsung is now releasing a major update for Galaxy S22 series smartphones. In the latest update, Samsung has focused on camera quality, app security, and touch performance. Many users have complained about quality issues with a camera while taking images in different scenarios in the past. The company has one by one tried to solve them all. Further, it has added new settings in the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ section. Now users can disallow all malicious apps from the settings.
The device’s improved security from malicious apps has been dispatched for Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy S21 & Galaxy foldable phones. Now it has been seeded on Galaxy S22 series. It has also upgraded touch firmware to its latest version, so you should get better performance.
In a camera department, it has improved five functions that you can see below (translated by machine from Korean):
1. Provides natural sharpness and improved contrast expression when taking pictures.
2. Confirmed and corrected the phenomenon of one-time stopping during single-take shooting.
3. The AWB algorithm has been improved so that the original white color can be better expressed when shooting a puppy.
4. Optimized memory for video recording.
5. Improved portrait mode performance and optimized camera performance.
The latest firmware with the June security patch is now rolling out in South Korea. You can identify the new firmware version S90*NKSU1AVF1. It is a big update with a file size of 1.7GB, so you should download it using a Wi-Fi connection. The other countries may soon receive the latest version.