As promised by Google, the latest and major Wear OS firmware update is now rolling out on Suunto 7 smartwatch. It is the first smartwatch to get the newer version – Wear OS H-MR2. The main goal of the software is to improve the speed of the functions and app openings. Google says, after the update, the watch will see a 20% faster speed in overall performance. It also brings a new Weather information widget & Handsfree timer to wash your hands in this pandemic time. The pairing of the watch with a smartphone has also been much improved.
Apart from it, Suunto has seeded some other features on the Suunto 7. The new Route Navigation will allow you to create your own route, sync the route to your watch, and also use tracks from other services in the Suunto app. The new Low Power always-on display is capable to stay the screen awake all the time while you exercise and without leaking too much battery. Here are all the features and changes that come to Suunto 7.
1. Route navigation: Create your own route, use tracks from other services, or select a popular trail in the Suunto app. Sync the route to your watch and start navigating.
2. Low power always-on sport display: Your display stays awake all the time while you exercise, using only a minimal amount of battery. See all your training data without having to raise your wrist to activate the display.
3. Battery-saving GPS mode: By selecting “Good” location accuracy, your Suunto 7 consumes less power by acquiring location only every 10 seconds. When running or cycling, FusedTrack™ is used to improve tracking quality. FusedTrack™ is a technology that combines movement data with GPS data to deliver more accurate tracking in lower GPS recording intervals.
4. Popular starting points: Check out popular starting points in the Suunto app to find new starting points for your exercises. When synced from Suunto app to your watch, the popular starting points are visible on the heatmap on your watch as small dots.
5. Various other bug fixes, language translation improvements, and performance optimizations
The update is now rolling out for the Suunto 7 in stages. You can check the latest update manually from Settings – System – About – System updates. The new version will come to all Wear OS by Google smartwatches including the new Oppo Watch.