Garmin is trying to give its best to its all flagship smartwatches. Right after releasing the 9.24 beta version for the Fenix 7 series, the company has released a 22.80 beta update for Fenix 6 series. The firmware is not big as compared to Fenix 7 update, but it has noticeable changes. From the Alpha to Beta, Garmin has stabilized and optimized most of the major features. The HRV status has also received improvement to perform better on your wrist.
In the new Training status widget, you can access the acute load graph, load focus, VO2 Max, and heat & altitude acclimation graph. Further, the main widget section now provides you with HRV, training status, and acute load data. Garmin has improved race time predictions and fixed many existing features on the Fenix 6 series.
The detailed changelog has provided below:
– Added a new Acute Load graph and Heat Acclimation graph, which can be accessed via the updated Training Status widget.
– Improved race time predictions.
– Fixed a potential issue where random text would be displayed on InReach messaging.
– Fixed a potential issue where the Daily Floors Climbed Goal alert would not alert.
– Fixed a potential issue where Battery Saver mode would randomly turn on after an activity or accessing a menu.
– Fixed an issue when calibrating altitude via the DEM option where the prompt to enter sea level pressure was skipped.
– Fixed an issue where RCT could disconnect while on the widget glance.
– Fixed an issue on the Xero widget that would be unable to acquire GPS.
– Fixed an intermittent issue where using a hotkey to open a timer from the Spotify app will return the user to an empty screen.
– Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would not properly sync privacy settings with Garmin Connect Mobile.
– Fixed a potential issue where the device would restart during an activity (non-Pro devices).
– Fixed a potential issue where HRV status would not display after wearing the watch for 3 weeks.
– Fixed a potential display issue with the Incident Detection alert when the watch is connected to Garmin Connect.
– Fixed other minor HRV status UI issues.
Like the Alpha version, you don’t need a computer to install the beta version. To download the 22.80 beta software update, go to the Garmin Connect app, and install it.