Update (July 24): Garmin has upgraded the Alpha version 22.75 to the latest 22.76 version. In the same week, it is the second update for a Fenix 6 series. As we have looked closely, there is no change in both changelogs. Garmin has only changed the wording of the feature list in the changelog. Tt could mean, the company has solved some known issues but didn’t mention them in the list. Download the newest version, and notify us, if you find any other changes in the Alpha 22.76 update.
Garmin has dispatched a new alpha software update for the Fenix 6 series smartwatches. The Alpha 22.75 version is now rolling out for previous generation Fenix 6 watches. Two weeks ago, the company released minor 22.74 firmware, but that didn’t bring any new features or changes. The latest alpha version on the other hand comes with new features and some improvements. According to the changelog, it gets a new Acute Load graph, which you can use from the training status widget.
Further, the Training status widget now displays training status, HRV, and as I said earlier Acute Load data. Also, it has improved race time predictions on smartwatches. In the fixes, it has taken care of sudden crashing in the sleep widget. Finally, there are several fixes to the known bugs and errors.
Here is the list of the full Alpha 22.75 firmware changelog.
- Added major update to Training Status widget. The main widget now displays Training Status, HRV, and Acute Load data. The widget also contains its own glance view containing Acute Load, Load Focus, VO2 Max, Recovery, Heat Acclimation, and Altitude Acclimation data.
- Added a new Acute Load graph, which can be accessed via the updated Training Status widget.
- Improved race time predictions
- Fixed a potential issue where random text would be displayed on InReach messaging.
- Fixed an issue on the Xero widget that would be unable to acquire GPS.
- Fixed inability to launch Reference Point from power controls while in an activity.
- Fixed a potential crash on the Sleep Widget.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
It is an alpha version, so you have to manually download it using a computer. The update is available for Fenix 6, 6s, 6 Pro, 6s Pro & Gx smartwatches.