After the Galaxy S20 series, Galaxy Note 20 has become the second flagship lineup to taste One UI 3.0 with an Android 11 update. Samsung has released this beta version in the US & South Korea. The Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra users can now use an early beta version of One UI 3.0 before the company releases a stable version for the general public. A new firmware version starting with N986NKSU1ZTJH is now rolling out in the home country that brings lots of new features with it. To get the beta version on your Note 20 lineup, open the Samsung Members app. Here, you will see the recruitment banner, once you participate in it, then you will get beta firmware on your smartphone.
Here are the new features & improvement changes that the company brings into the new beta update.
*You can add related widgets by long-pressing the app icon on the home screen.
• Provides a function to turn off the screen by double-tapping a space on the home screen and lock screen (can be set in [Settings> Useful Functions> Motion & Gestures]).
• You can change the interaction by tapping the clock area on the lock screen to check the widget and check various widgets such as schedule, weather, and music on one page.
• Add image categories for dynamic lock screen and select up to 5 categories at once.
• Supports interactive preview function when setting the wallpaper.
• Always On Display and lock screen editing interface improvements.
* The Samsung keyboard input languages increased to 370.
• Added various conditions and execution methods so that Bixby routines can be used as desired.
• Recommend new routines by analyzing users’ repeated daily life and device usage patterns.
• In the Bixby routine, when the routine is finished, the option to return to the previous state is provided, and various actions such as “request from Bixby” and “accessibility”, icon settings for each routine, and lock screen widget added.
• Samsung Internet website translation function and status bar hiding function added to help you immerse yourself in the entire screen.
• The security of the Samsung Internet browser has been strengthened, adding a function to warn/block websites that send too many pop-ups or notifications.
• You can browse and select Cloud Drive files from the file selection screen of My Files.
• Added cache file deletion option to easily free up storage space in My Files app.
• Collect and display duplicate events with the same start time in the month view and list view of the calendar.
• Added a function to read the alarm time and preset alarm name when a ringtone alarm occurs in the clock app.
• Provides the ability to easily organize duplicate contacts stored in the same account in the Contacts app.
• View and edit contact information for multiple accounts at once on the Edit Contact screen.
• Contacts saved in English can be searched by entering Korean, and the storage period in the trash can be extended from 15 days to 30 days after the contact is deleted.
• Added trash can function to keep recently deleted messages for 30 days in the Messages app.
• Addition of Do Not Disturb during the game and improvements to improve performance so that you can focus on the game.
* For some apps, after updating the software, you must update the app itself. (Example: Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Pay, Samsung Health, Samsung Notes, etc.).
The beta update will soon reach the UK, Germany, Poland & India in the coming days. If you haven’t logged in to the Samsung Members app on your Galaxy Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra then log in to it. Then wait for the official banner page. It is for limited users in the first phase, so make sure you participate early in the beta program.
Update: Germany is now also getting the new One UI 3.0 beta version. The official announcement has been posted on Samsung community Germany page by Moderator. He confirms the beta update is being released in the country.
Source (US) | Source (SK) |Source (Germany)