Latest Tizen 4.0 update is now rolling out in Europe for Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, Gear S3 Classic & Gear Sport smartwatches. The update has already rolled out in US for both smartwatches. The latest firmware is R760XXU2DSA1/R760OXA2DSA1 and it is 299MB in size. The new version has been added with Samsung’s value pack update and brings devices to the Tizen 220.127.116.11 version. Our readers are now getting it in UK, Germany, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Italy, France & in different parts of Europe. This update makes these smartwatches equipped with the features of premium Galaxy Watch as well as make them innovative feature supported.
Some notable features into the latest update are below:
- Samsung Health – Support various indoor workouts and back-to-back workouts.
- Samsung Health Widget – Samsung Health Widget now also supports and provides sleep stages information.
- Advanced – Two advanced modes (Thatre Sleep) are added to keep user from disturbance during specific time & place. Modes can be toggled from quick panel.
- Quick Panel – Newly added quick settings. Easier & faster interaction.
- Messages – Draft Messages can now be saved. Additionally, showing MMS image on notification cover view and animated images are automatically played. Replying is now quicker and easier. Over 1000 emojis supported.
- Music – User can change to different music play source on Watch instead of using a phone.
- Setting menu – improved categorizing of menus for better discovery of features and items.
These are some notable features added into the new update. The update is now available in European countries though we not sure in how many countries it is rolling out at the present moment. To get the update on your Samsung Gear S3 or Gear Sport go to Samsung Wearable app on your smartphone and select About Watch option. And tap Update Watch Software, now hit on Update Now button. Wait some more if you haven’t got this update in your country. In the last few upgrades Samsung eagerly tried to solve battery problems & fixing few serious bugs from the watch so now it has upgraded it with lots of new features.