Finally, there is good news for Galaxy Watch users that they have received the most demanded app for their watch. Yes, Facebook has officially launched WhatsApp Messenger app for Galaxy Watch 4 & Watch 5. It is an official app, and you can use all the features of the app on your smartwatch. Previously, users had to only receive WhatsApp messages, and later they can manage those messages with limited functions.
Now, with the official app, you can directly start a conversation over WhatsApp and use all its features. It supports all the text, images, videos, emojis, stickers, and call formats. I think after Samsung Internet Browser, it is another breakthrough for Galaxy Watch users. If you are unaware of this news, and still finding how to download and install the new WhatsApp app, then here is the guide.
The new WhatsApp only works with Galaxy Watch 4 & Watch 5, so Tizen users can’t use it. Here go with these simple steps to install it.
- First, open Play Store on a smartphone
- Update to the latest WhatsApp version
- Now, open Play Store on your smartwatch
- Search for WhatsApp Messenger
- Now, install it on your Galaxy Watch
- Open the app, and log in to it
- Use the same WhatsApp account that you use on a paired smartphone
- Further, synchronize all your WhatsApp numbers, chats, and calls
- Now enjoy the app
After this app, we might think Facebook could launch its Facebook Messenger and Instagram for the watches. Sadly, it has recently closed its Messenger app from Apple App Store, so there is less chance for Wear OS devices.