Samsung has launched its new Tizen smartwatches in the market with various improvements and added fitness-related features. The Galaxy Watch Active & Watch Active 2 both are now available to purchase in most of the countries. Galaxy Watch Active is the first wearable from Samsung which comes without the rounded bezel, makes it the first bezel-less smartwatch & Watch Active 2 is first wearables comes with the digital bezel. Now the question is how both smartwatches will perform in extreme conditions? Most customers are complaining about an empty app store that has nothing to make it best smartwatches compare to its rivals. Though Galaxy App Store has some essential apps to fulfil all users need.
WhatsApp is the one app user always searches on their smartphone and now they search on their smartwatches. It is easier to send & receive messages on the wrist via this Messenger app. Sadly, the WhatsApp app is missing on the Samsung smartwatches. It is not even submitted on previous watches nor on the Apple & Android watches. Though there is a way to use WhatsApp on the new Samsung Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2. You have to follow some simple steps to get all you need from the app. Here are the steps for how to use the WhatsApp app on Samsung Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2.
Guide to Use WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2
1. First, pair your Galaxy Watch Active or Active 2 with your Android or Apple smartphone.
To pair, you must download the Galaxy Wearable app from the Play Store or iOS App Store. Now open the app & select your smartwatch. Here, pair it using Bluetooth to make a successful login.
2. Download WhatsApp on the smartphone (in case you don’t have) and login to it.
3. Now open the Wearable app on the paired smartphone and tap on the Notifications option.
4. Here, you will see the Manage notifications option. Open it.
5. Now scroll down until you see WhatsApp option.
5. You will see the Toggle key in front of the app. Tap on it to activate it.
6. That’s it. You have successfully activated WhatsApp on the watch to receive all messages.
7. To read all incoming messages swipe Home Screen from left to right. You can reply or delete the WhatsApp Messages within the watch.
Note: On your Galaxy Watch Active or Active 2 you will receive messages from those contacts or groups which you haven’t muted. For a reason, if you have mute some contacts or groups in your WhatsApp, then you will not receive those messages.
That’s it, follow these steps & get all the text or media messages within the Samsung smartwatch. When the new text message hits on your smartphone at the same time, it will show on a smartwatch. It is not the best way to get an original text or reply to it, still an excellent way to go.
Some formats will not support Galaxy Watch Active or Active 2 due to some limitations though it is still best to receive new WhatsApp messages. Do you find any difficulties in the above steps or need some help? Then let me know in the comment box below.
Madhav Biradar started his career in technology back in 2011, where he covered mobile & gaming articles. He is an enthusiast in smartphone & wearable gadgets. In his free time, he likes to read about new tech gadgets and watch movies.