Samsung has launched its 5th Tizen smartwatch in the market with various improvements and added fitness related features. The Galaxy Watch Active is now available to purchase in most of the countries. This is the first wearable from Samsung which come without rounded bezel, makes it first bezel-less smartwatch. Now the question is how it will perform in extreme condition? Most customers are complaining about its empty app store that has nothing to make it best smartwatch compare to its rivals. Though Galaxy App Store has some essential apps to fulfil all users need.
WhatsApp is the one app user always searches on their smartphone and now on their smartwatches. It is easier to send & receive messages on the wrist via this Messenger app. Sadly, WhatsApp app is missing on the Samsung smartwatch. It is not even submitted on previous watches nor on the Apple & Android watches. Though there is a way to use WhatsApp on new Samsung Galaxy Watch Active. You have to follow some simple steps to get all you need from the app. Here are the steps for how to use WhatsApp app on Samsung Galaxy Watch Active.
1. First, pair your Galaxy Watch Active with your Android or Apple smartphone.
To pair, you must download Galaxy Wearable app from Play Store or iOS App Store. Now open the app & select your smartwatch. Here, pair it using Bluetooth to make successful login.
2. Download WhatsApp on the smartphone (in case you don’t have) and login to it.
3. Now go to Settings on the watch and tap on Manage Notification option.
4. You will see toggle key in front of WhatsApp, turn it on to Activate notifications.
5. After that, connect WhatsApp Messenger account with Galaxy Watch Active (It will automatically Sync with the phone).
6. That’s it, now you have successfully activated WhatsApp on the watch to receive all messages.
7. To read all incoming messages just swipe Home Screen to the left. You can reply or delete the WhatsApp Messages within the watch.
This is it, follow these steps & get all the text or media messages within the Samsung smartwatch. When the new text message hit on your smartphone at the same time it will show on smartwatch. It is not the best way to get new text or reply to it, still good way to go. Some formats will not support on Galaxy Watch Active due to some limitations though it is still best to receive new WhatsApp messages. Do you find any difficulties in the above steps or need some help? Then let me know in the comment box below.
Madhav Biradar started his career in technology back in 2011, where he covered mobile & gaming articles. He is an enthusiast in smartphone & wearable gadgets. In his free time, he likes to read about new tech gadgets and watch movies.